The Ported Fermonster is a fermenter designed specifically for fermentation. The large lid allows for easy filling and makes hop or oak additions a breeze. The smooth sides are fantastic for sanitization - no ribs or texture to collect yeast or bacteria. The large 7 gallon size was designed to provide ample space for fermentation and you'll find the molded in volume markers super handy for accurate filling. The punted bottom allows sediment to collect to the sides so that you can siphon liquid from the center. Because they are made from vigin PET plastic they nearly unbreakable and a lot safer than similar glass carboys. Also notice the conical top which reduces surface area if you plan to store beer or wine long term.
These ported versions come with a plastic spigot, allowing for easy racking and sampling!
Made from heavy PET plastic, the same material used in 2 L soda bottles, which is nearly impermeable to oxygen penetration. The huge 4" opening makes filling a breeze, and cleanup is as easy as wiping down the inside. The 7 gallon volume is a monster of a fermenter, reducing blow off issues seen with standard 5 and 6 gallon carboys. Fermonsters are easily moved by hand or consider using our Carboy Carrier for even greater ease of use.
- 4" wide mouth carboy - easy to clean!
- Ported version includes Spigot for easy racking
- Food grade PET plastic construction is nearly impermeable to oxygen penetration
- No hard to clean dimples or ribs
- Volume Markers at 5, 6, and 7 Gallons
- Punted bottom
- O-Ring and Lid with one hole is included (Fits #10 Stopper)
- Additional O-Rings and Lids available
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
- Temperature Limit: 140° F
- Height: 20.9 inches
- Diameter: 11.3 inches
- Completely taste and odor free